Our laboratories located in Lublin Park of Science and Technology are equipped with latest diagnostic devices i.e.:
- DNA sequencing machine type ABI,
- Real-time PCR thermocycler,
- PCR thermocyclers,
- Third generation spectrophotometer with SmartPath technology.
NEXBIO was founded in 2015 by scientists from Lublin. It was partially financed through 'Innova-Invest' program led by Lublin Park of Science and Technology within Axis 3, measure 3.1. 'Initiating of innovative activity' of Operational Programme Innovative Economy. Enterprise also gained support from private funds: Vitagenum Sp. z o.o. and induvidual investor.
Team members consists both of people who have solid academic background in genetics and molecular methods, and of persons who focus on implementation genetics methods into everyday life. Our team members took part in projects as:
- „Designing of new molecular diagnostic tests to identify key fungi pathogens of Triticum aestivum L. for the purpose of more efficient plant protection’ – project financed by the National Centre for Research and Development
- „Identification of genome regions and DNA markers connected to heterosis in hexaploid winter triticale” – project financed by Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development
- Co-authorship of numerous patents in biotechnology (i.e. ‘The way of identification dwarf gene in triticale genetic material and pair of starters to indicate the presence of dwarf gene’ (PL 214501 B1)
- Practical researches in the field of plant protection tools in cooperation with Bayer CropScience, Syngenta, Sumi Agro Poland, Cheminova, Organika Jaworzno, Dow Agro Science and others.
- Molecular biology workshops certified by Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT).
We collaborate with several experts in the field of bioinformatics, plant breeding, animal breeding,
analysis of proteins, microbiology and others fields.